- Caffeine tolerance quitting changes (possible) | Freedom |
- Caffeine: Your blood caffeine level will double
- Call me a quitter!
- Can secondhand smoke cause relapse? (video)
- Can we help a person quit when they are pretty sure they don't want to quit? | video
- Can you spare about an hour and a half to help to save your life?
- Can't quit" ... or ... "won't quit"? | JL | video
- Cancer causing cig smoke chemicals: list of all 81 carcinogens | Lung cancer (video)
- Cancer: What a relief, I think I have cancer! | JL
- Careers in smoking cessation: Joel's standard response
- Caring for our recovery
- Carrying cigarettes | JL | Freedom
- Carrying mock cigarettes: a straw, stick or nicotine-free e-cigarette (video)
- Carrying or keeping NRT in case of emergency (video)
- Change of season triggers: the Spring
Change of season triggers: the Summer
- Change of season triggers: the Fall
- Chantix/Champix: My personal views on Chantix or Champix
- Choice: "I don't have a choice, I have to quit smoking" (video)
- Choice: "It's my choice and I choose to use."
- Cigarette smoke smell good? It's not by accident.
- Cigars and relapsing (video)
- Chantix - Champix | WQ | videos
- Cheating: why so hard on the concept - JL | "Slip" (video)
- Cigarette butts
- Circulation: how smoking causes heart attacks & strokes | video
- Closet smokers (secret smokers) | Freedom
- "Coffee won't taste the same"
- Cold or flu after quitting - a general warning | video | Is there such a thing as the "quitters flu?" (video)
- Cold turkey quitting (video) | Why our sites are all cold turkey (video)
- Cold turkey defined (video)
- Cold turkey quitting redefined again (video)
- Cold turkey - how most ex-smokers succeed | video | 2013 Gallup Poll article
- "Come share your strength, come recognize your vulnerabilities?" | JL | Freedom
- Come to where the knowledge is
- Comfort: introducing my new found friend
- Common symptoms (video)
- Common use rationalizations | videos | FFN-TJH Chapter 5
- | Complacency | FFN-TJH Chapter 14 | Freedom
- Concentration, focus or mind fog concerns | JL | video | FFN-TJH Chapter 6, Pg.7-10
- Concentration: nicotine "helps me concentrate"
- Conscious recovery | FFN-TJH Chapter 12
- Control: "I've got my smoking under control"
- Conventional quitting wisdom is discouraged at Freedom or Turkeyville | video (examples: set a quit date, avoid use cues, make lifestyle changes, nicotine is medicine, it takes a specific number of days to break a habit, don't let a slip put you back to using, it takes a certain number of failures before the average quitter succeeds).
- Cost of my first relapse (have a calculator handy)
- Costs (economic) of smoking | Money wasted (video)
- Costs index Freedom | Joel's Library (18 articles) |videos
- Coughing: Why many people cough more after quitting
- Counters and meters for tracking your recovery statistics | WhyQuit's online statistics calculator | "Should I reset my meter?" (video)
- "Crack" or free-base nicotine
- Crave coping tips | FFN-TJH Chapter 11
- Crave episode, thought fixation and anxiety management
- Craves: the urge hits (video)
- Crave trigger cue extinguishment | video | FFN-TJH Chapter 11
- Crave triggers: reminders from your executive assistant
- Craves: less than 3 minutes | FFN-TJH Chapter 11
- Craves and thoughts that occur over time | video
- Craves, the bigger the better
- Craves - thoughts: making a toolbox
- Criteria of addiction (video)
- Crutches to Quit Smoking | JL | Freedom
- Crutches: avoid them
- Crutches: pharmacological crutches
- Crutches: the danger of using Internet quit sites as a crutch to quit smoking (video)
- Cue extinguishment | video | FFN-TJH Chapter 11
- Curiosity killed the quit (video)
- Cutting down before quitting: more smoke and mirrors? | video | Study
- "I am a smoker!" - JL
- "I am afraid I might get addicted to my nicotine replacement therapy" (video)
- I am an addict! Hooray!
- "I am climbing the walls because I quit smoking" (video)
- “I am doing okay, I am not buying cigarettes”
- "I am going back to smoking when I'm eighty"
- I am just too weak to quit smoking! | JL | Freedom
- "I am not going to smoke today!" | JL | One day at a time (video)
- "I am the only smoker I know"
- "I can't afford to quit smoking"
- "I can't quit" ... or ... "I won't quit"? | JL | video | FFN-TJH
- "I can't quit because..." - video
- "I can't quit because I'm addicted" (video)
- I choose life
- “I couldn’t have done it without you”
- "I don't feel any better since I quit smoking"
- "I don't have a choice, I have to quit smoking" (video)
- “I don’t know if I have another quit in me” | Freedom | "If I relapse I'll smoke until it kills me" (video) | "I know I will quit again"
- "I don't need to smoke"
- "I don't want to die!" - the bottom line?
- "I don't want to quit smoking!"
- "I feel 100% better since I quit smoking!" | JL | Freedom | Unexpected benefits (video)
- "I got through a month without smoking! Boy, I deserve a cigarette for that!" | video
- "I guess I am doing OK, I just smoked one yesterday"
- "I have to smoke because of all my stress" | JL | video
- "I have to smoke when I talk on the phone" (video)
- "I have smoked more than 40 years, quitting now is impossible!"
- "I have smoked so long and so much, what is the use in quitting now" - JL
- I just turned green, so why am I blue?
- "I know I am going to gain weight if I quit smoking!" (video)
- "I know I will quit smoking"
- "I know I will quit again" | Freedom
- "I know too much about smoking to ever be able to relapse"
- "I liked my other support group more" | JL | video
- "I made a conscious decision to smoke." | JL
- "I quit the wrong way"
- I quit thousands of times then...
- "I smoke because I like smoking!" | JL |FFN-TJH | Freedom
- "I smoke because I like the flavor" | FFN-TJH | Freedom
- "I smoke because I'm self-destructive"
- "I smoke to relieve stress" | video | FFN-TJH
- "I think I have decided to go back to smoking" | JL | video
- "I vape e-cigs and they're vastly safer"
- "I want one" | video |FFN-TJH | Freedom
- "I went back to smoking when I was in the hospital with pneumonia" | JL
- "I will control my smoking now"
- "I will not smoke today!" | Freedom
- "I will quit when ..." | JL | Freedom
- "I will quit when I finish this pack"
- I wish it was just a nasty little habit
- I want "something"
- "I used to be like that"
- "I'd rather be a little overweight & not smoking than underweight and dead!" - JL | video
- "I'll be a nervous wreck forever if I quit smoking"
- "I'll come for reinforcement if I need it"
- "I'll have to use willpower for the rest of my life not to smoke"
- "I'll never be as productive again if I quit smoking"
- "I'll smoke anywhere I want"
- "I'm a serial quitter and I want to help people quit smoking"
- I'M DYING!
- "I'm mad that I can't smoke anymore!" | Freedom
- "I'm not joining this clinic" (or Turkeyville, WhyQuit's support group)
- "I'm safe from smoking related problems by my genetic makeup" | Freedom
- "Is Joel a smoking cessation expert?"
- "I've read so much about the dangers of smoking I've come to the only logical conclusion..."
- "I've relapsed and I hate it"
- "I've tried everything to lose weight but nothing works!"
- "I've tried everything to quit and nothing works" | Freedom
- If cigarettes were as deadly as you say they are... | JL | video
- "If I relapse I'll smoke until it kills me" (video)
- "If they ever cure lung cancer, I would go back to smoking." | JL
- If this is your first time quitting | Freedom
- If you fall down just pick yourself up and dust yourself off | "Get right back in the saddle?" (video) | "Don't let a slip put you back to using"
- Individual approaches used to motivate smokers to quit | JL | Helping others quit (video)
- Index of Joel's stop smoking video discussion pages
- Intentional relapses
- "Is anyone else experiencing the symptom of...?" | Freedom
- Is cold turkey the only way to quit? | JL | Freedom
- Is Freedom a cult?
- Is quitting smoking harder than quitting other drugs?
- Is it true that everything smells and tastes better when you quit smoking? |
- "Is this a symptom of quitting smoking? (video) | Part 2
- "Is this an unlucky day to quit smoking?"
- Is relapse a natural part of the addiction process? | Freedom
- Is relapsing on nicotine a good learning experience?
- Is your New Year's resolution to quit smoking?
- "Isn't quitting cold turkey too dangerous?" | Freedom
- Isolation of a widowed smoker | JL | Video (intro)
- "It’s cold outside, boy do I need a cigarette"
- It's still cold outside--why this is a bigger problem for smokers than non-smokers
- "It's inevitable, some smokers are going to relapse"
- It's only cigarette smoking not a crime punishable by death | JL | Freedom
- Navigating the first 72 hours | FFN-TJH Chapter 8
- Need a boost? Reach for your dreams!
- Negative posts - letting them fall after the crisis passes
- Negative support from others | FFN-TJH
- Negative support - the angry, still smoking spouse
- Neil's Journal, NoNic4Neal, age 53, lung cancer
- Neither side is perfect! | Freedom
- Never Take Another Puff | JL | Freedom
- "Never Take Another Puff" free ebook
- New reactions to anger as an ex-smoker | JL | video
- New Year's message for Freedom & Turkeyville newbies | Message for oldbies
- New Year's resolutions | 2018 New Year's video | WhyQuit | New Year's Tips |
- Nicodemon's lies or junkie's junk? | FFN-TJH
- Nicotine addiction 101 | WhyQuit | FFN-TJH | Joel's Nicotine Addiction videos
- Nicotine Addiction Articles
- Nicotine - a neuromodulator
- Nicotine addiction in the tobacco industry's own words - The Sine Qua Non of Smoking
Nicotine cessation tips
- Nicotine is nicotine is nicotine
- Nicotine vs. alcohol: co-quitting, myth vs. fact
- Nicotine vs. heroin
- Nicotine vs. marijuana
- Nicotine - the sine qua non of smoking - 1972 RJR
- No magic here
- No need to apologize for not posting for a while | Freedom
- No one understands
- "No thank you, I can't have a cigarette" | Freedom| "I gave up smoking"
- None or All. Why I choose none Parade
- Noni - a 33 year-old smoking victim
- Normal depressive reaction or real organic? | video | FFN-TJH Chapter 9, Pg.13-19
- Normal: getting back to normal after quitting
- Not much of a smoker | 2 or 3 better than pack? JL
- NRT addiction
- NRT and quit meters | Freedom| Free Meters
- NRT: nicotine gum, patch & lozenge a fraud, sham and hoax
- NRT: prolonging withdrawal symptoms
- NRT & quitting products message board | videos | FFN-TJH Chapter 6, Pg.18-32