Free Quit Smoking Books, Guides and Tips
- "Never Take Another Puff" - a 149 page PDF quit smoking book by Joel Spitzer of Chicago, the Internet's leading authority on nicotine dependency recovery. Joel's free book is a wonderful collection of 98 short quitting articles on almost every cessation topic imaginable. There is also a 212 Page Edition in a different format that contains an addtional article on quitting while using alcohol. Download Joel's book and discover why this free quit smoking book has now been dowloaded more than one million times.
- "Freedom from Nicotine - The Journey Home" - a 291 page free PDF quit smoking book written by John R. Polito, WhyQuit's 1999 founder and director. John makes the science of nicotine addiction understandable, while shattering the laundry list of lies we invented to explain that next nicotine fix. It details each layer of recovery (physical, emotional, subconscious and conscious) while providing effective tips on how to diminish the impact of each, and minimize risk of relapse.
- "Joel's Library" - the online HTML version of Joel Spitzer's "Never Take Another Puff" book presented as individual articles. Also home to Joel's more than 200 video quit smoking lessons and his Daily Quitting Guide.
- "Student and Young Smoker Quit Smoking Guide" - Loaded with links, this quitting tips guide contains brief accounts of Bryan's and Noni's tragic stories and is intended for online use by younger smokers of high school, college, or university age, but can be printed and shared.
- "Nicotine Cessation Tips" - Ideal as a physician patient handout, this six page quitting tips guide was written as an aid to dependency recovery from any form of nicotine delivery, including cigarettes, oral tobacco (dip, chewing tobacco, snuff or snus), NRT (nicotine gum, lozenge, inhaler, spray, tablet or patch), cigars and pipes. It is offered in three formats:
- "Quit Smoking Tip Sheet" - an HTML version of Joel's top 18 quitting tips."
Non-commercial health, education, government, civic and non-profit groups are invited to print and share any or all of the above documents. Our only requests are that there never be any charge or cost to recipients, and that all content, copyrights and attributions remain as is. Our content may NOT be mirrored and shared elsewhere on the Net.
Our free quitting e-books
Read both & demolish quitting anxieties!
Learn More About Smart Turkey Quitting
- WhyQuit.com - WhyQuit is the Internet's oldest forum devoted to the art, science and psychology of cold turkey quitting, the stop smoking method used by the vast majority of all successful long-term ex-smokers. Left to right, WhyQuit is organized under three headings: (1) Motivation, (2) Education and (3) Support.
- "Never Take Another Puff" - Imagine a free 149 page stop smoking ebook that's registered more than 4 million downloads and was written by a man who has devoted 40 years, full-time to helping smokers quit. Never Take Another Puff (NTAP) was authored by Joel Spitzer, the Internet's leading authority on how to stop smoking cold turkey. It is an insightful collection of almost 100 articles on every cessation topic imaginable.
- "Freedom from Nicotine - The Journey Home" - Written by John R. Polito, a former 30-year heavy smoker and WhyQuit's 1999 founder, Freedom from Nicotine (FFN) is a free nicotine dependency recovery book that documents the science underlying nicotine dependency and successful cessation. Whether hooked on cigarettes, e-cigarettes (e-cigs), bidis, kreteks, a pipe, hookah or cigars, on dip, chew, snuff or snus, or on the nicotine gum, lozenge, spray, inhaler or patch, FFN provides a comprehensive yet easy to follow road-map to freedom from nicotine.
- Turkeyville - Visit Turkeyville, Facebook's most popular quit smoking support group. The group's primary focus is the first few days and helping new quitters get started. Yes you can!
- Joel's Library - Joel's Library is home to Joel Spitzer's "Daily Quitting Lesson Guide." The Guide walks new quitters through the first two weeks of smoking cessation, recommending daily videos to watch and articles to read. Joel's Library is also home to more than 100 original short stop smoking articles, to his free ebook Never Take Another Puff, and to his collection of more than 200 video stop smoking lessons.
- Nicotine Addiction 101 - WhyQuit's guide to understanding nicotine dependency.
- Freedom - Looking for a deadly serious and highly focused education oriented support group? Home to Joel Spitzer, Freedom is the Internet's only 100% nicotine-free peer messageboard support forum. Explore Freedom's hundreds of thousands of archived member posts on how to quit smoking.
- Nicotine Cessation Topic Index - An alphabetical subject matter index to hundreds of nicotine cessation support group discussions, article and videos.
- 40 Quitting Tips - Key cold turkey nicotine cessation tips on how to stop smoking, vaping, chewing or sucking nicotine into your body and bloodstream.
Knowledge is a Quitting Method