World No Tobacco Day: Shedding Dependency Ignorance
Although the World Health Organization sees May 31 as a day to contemplate not using tobacco, the average smoker sees it as a day to tune-out, turn-off and temporarily hide behind their thick protective wall of denial rationalizations. But for those brave enough to briefly peer over the top it could become one of the most rewarding days of their life.
World No Tobacco Day will bring thousands of dreamers to the Internet where they'll find it awash with every quick fix magic cure imaginable. Like some thousand item cyber quitting buffet, which product, procedure, book or service should they buy?
According to www.WhyQuit.com, "none" because, like Dorothy trapped in Oz, they've always had the ability to return home.
Unique among Internet quitting destinations, WhyQuit is the only major forum that not only tells quitters to keep their money in their pockets but which has steadfastly refused to accept donations.
An all-volunteer labor of love, WhyQuit contends that although no smoker is stronger than nicotine that they don't need to be as long as they are smarter. Considering that nicotine is simply a chemical with an I.Q. of zero, this should not pose a problem for any smoker.
Established in July 1999 as a mind expanding motivational site, WhyQuit quickly evolved into a multifaceted nicotine dependency educational institution. Today its centerpiece is a large library of original quitting articles containing the thirty-two year seminar and clinic insights of one of the world's premier quit smoking counselors, Joel Spitzer of Chicago.
Affectionately dubbed "Joel's Library" by quitters, its lessons are taught and shared along side all the latest study research at "Freedom," WhyQuit's free peer support education forum.
A core recovery philosophy of "no nicotine just one day at a time," today Freedom graduates some of the most knowledgable ex-smokers on earth.
WhyQuit encourages all smokers to be brave this World No Tobacco Day and spend a few minutes briefly sampling the juice of understanding. Knowledge is power and there was always only one rule - no nicotine just one day at a time, "Never Take Another Puff." Yes you can!
Our free quitting e-books
Read both & demolish quitting anxieties!
Learn More About Smart Turkey Quitting
- WhyQuit.com - WhyQuit is the Internet's oldest forum devoted to the art, science and psychology of cold turkey quitting, the stop smoking method used by the vast majority of all successful long-term ex-smokers. Left to right, WhyQuit is organized under three headings: (1) Motivation, (2) Education and (3) Support.
- "Never Take Another Puff" - Imagine a free 149 page stop smoking ebook that's registered more than 4 million downloads and was written by a man who has devoted 40 years, full-time to helping smokers quit. Never Take Another Puff (NTAP) was authored by Joel Spitzer, the Internet's leading authority on how to stop smoking cold turkey. It is an insightful collection of almost 100 articles on every cessation topic imaginable.
- "Freedom from Nicotine - The Journey Home" - Written by John R. Polito, a former 30-year heavy smoker and WhyQuit's 1999 founder, Freedom from Nicotine (FFN) is a free nicotine dependency recovery book that documents the science underlying nicotine dependency and successful cessation. Whether hooked on cigarettes, e-cigarettes (e-cigs), bidis, kreteks, a pipe, hookah or cigars, on dip, chew, snuff or snus, or on the nicotine gum, lozenge, spray, inhaler or patch, FFN provides a comprehensive yet easy to follow road-map to freedom from nicotine.
- Turkeyville - Visit Turkeyville, Facebook's most popular quit smoking support group. The group's primary focus is the first few days and helping new quitters get started. Yes you can!
- Joel's Library - Joel's Library is home to Joel Spitzer's "Daily Quitting Lesson Guide." The Guide walks new quitters through the first two weeks of smoking cessation, recommending daily videos to watch and articles to read. Joel's Library is also home to more than 100 original short stop smoking articles, to his free ebook Never Take Another Puff, and to his collection of more than 200 video stop smoking lessons.
- Nicotine Addiction 101 - WhyQuit's guide to understanding nicotine dependency.
- Freedom - Looking for a deadly serious and highly focused education oriented support group? Home to Joel Spitzer, Freedom is the Internet's only 100% nicotine-free peer messageboard support forum. Explore Freedom's hundreds of thousands of archived member posts on how to quit smoking.
- Nicotine Cessation Topic Index - An alphabetical subject matter index to hundreds of nicotine cessation support group discussions, article and videos.
- 40 Quitting Tips - Key cold turkey nicotine cessation tips on how to stop smoking, vaping, chewing or sucking nicotine into your body and bloodstream.
Knowledge is a Quitting Method