Great American Smokeout
Breeds Smart Turkeys
by John R. Polito
Welcome to the Great American Smokeout, a day each year when more smokers quit smoking cold turkey than by all other methods combined. Even more exciting is the growing number of totally free sites helping teach and support the science and psychology of successful abrupt nicotine cessation.
Joel's Library - Imagine not only having your very own quitting coach but one who has devoted his entire worklife - nearly 40 years - full-time to helping smokers quit. Imagine more than 160 videos like the one below, helping make you vastly more dependency recovery savvy than your addiction is strong.
Turkeyville - Do you enjoy Facebook? Turkeyville is a Facebook quit smoking support group dedicated to transforming new cold turkey quitters into smart turkeys.
Freedom - What to keep a permanent journal of your stop smoking experience, one you can always return to once complacency arrives?
Freedom is a deadly serious and highly focused Yuku based support group. How serious? All new members must be 100 percent nicotine-clean to join (72 hours without using), have quit smoking cold turkey, and any relapse revokes group posting privileges. Yes, Freedom is the one support group on earth where nicotine has no voice.
Explore all three sites and discover why knowledge isn't just power but a quitting method. Why not give smart turkey a try? Baby steps, just one hour, challenge and day at a time, yes you can!
Related Great American Smokeout Reading
How to Quit Smoking
Our free quitting e-books
Read both & demolish quitting anxieties!
Learn More About Smart Turkey Quitting
- WhyQuit.com - WhyQuit is the Internet's oldest forum devoted to the art, science and psychology of cold turkey quitting, the stop smoking method used by the vast majority of all successful long-term ex-smokers. Left to right, WhyQuit is organized under three headings: (1) Motivation, (2) Education and (3) Support.
- "Never Take Another Puff" - Imagine a free 149 page stop smoking ebook that's registered more than 4 million downloads and was written by a man who has devoted 40 years, full-time to helping smokers quit. Never Take Another Puff (NTAP) was authored by Joel Spitzer, the Internet's leading authority on how to stop smoking cold turkey. It is an insightful collection of almost 100 articles on every cessation topic imaginable.
- "Freedom from Nicotine - The Journey Home" - Written by John R. Polito, a former 30-year heavy smoker and WhyQuit's 1999 founder, Freedom from Nicotine (FFN) is a free nicotine dependency recovery book that documents the science underlying nicotine dependency and successful cessation. Whether hooked on cigarettes, e-cigarettes (e-cigs), bidis, kreteks, a pipe, hookah or cigars, on dip, chew, snuff or snus, or on the nicotine gum, lozenge, spray, inhaler or patch, FFN provides a comprehensive yet easy to follow road-map to freedom from nicotine.
- Turkeyville - Visit Turkeyville, Facebook's most popular quit smoking support group. The group's primary focus is the first few days and helping new quitters get started. Yes you can!
- Joel's Library - Joel's Library is home to Joel Spitzer's "Daily Quitting Lesson Guide." The Guide walks new quitters through the first two weeks of smoking cessation, recommending daily videos to watch and articles to read. Joel's Library is also home to more than 100 original short stop smoking articles, to his free ebook Never Take Another Puff, and to his collection of more than 200 video stop smoking lessons.
- Nicotine Addiction 101 - WhyQuit's guide to understanding nicotine dependency.
- Freedom - Looking for a deadly serious and highly focused education oriented support group? Home to Joel Spitzer, Freedom is the Internet's only 100% nicotine-free peer messageboard support forum. Explore Freedom's hundreds of thousands of archived member posts on how to quit smoking.
- Nicotine Cessation Topic Index - An alphabetical subject matter index to hundreds of nicotine cessation support group discussions, article and videos.
- 40 Quitting Tips - Key cold turkey nicotine cessation tips on how to stop smoking, vaping, chewing or sucking nicotine into your body and bloodstream.
Knowledge is a Quitting Method