Great American Smokeout
Breeds Smart Turkeys
Welcome to the Great American Smokeout, a day each year when more smokers quit smoking cold turkey than by all other methods combined.
And the same 2018 study found that cold turkey cobbers the competition in effectiveness too!
The difference between cold and smart turkey is night and day. Why endure quitting symptoms that can be minimized or eliminated? Why fear coming home to a calm and quiet mind that goes, days, weeks and eventually, possibly even months and years without once wanting or craving cigarettes?
Joel's Library - Imagine not only having your very own quitting coach but one who has devoted his entire worklife - nearly 40 years - full-time to helping smokers quit. Imagine more than 160 videos like the one below, helping make you vastly more dependency recovery savvy than your addiction is strong.
Turkeyville - Do you enjoy Facebook? Turkeyville is a Facebook quit smoking support group dedicated to transforming new cold turkey quitters into smart turkeys.
Freedom - What to keep a permanent journal of your stop smoking experience, one you can always return to once complacency arrives?
Freedom is a deadly serious and highly focused Yuku based support group. How serious? All new members must be 100 percent nicotine-clean to join (72 hours without using), have quit smoking cold turkey, and any relapse revokes group posting privileges. Yes, Freedom is the one support group on earth where nicotine has no voice.
Explore all three sites and discover why knowledge isn't just power but a quitting method. Why not give smart turkey a try? Baby steps, just one hour, challenge and day at a time, yes you can!
Related Great American Smokeout Reading
How to Quit Smoking
Our Free E-books
Read both & destroy fear driven anxieties!
Discover Smart Turkey Quitting
- WhyQuit.com - WhyQuit is the Internet's oldest forum devoted to the art, science and psychology of cold turkey quitting, the stop smoking method used by the vast majority of all successful long-term ex-smokers.
- Nicotine Addiction 101 - WhyQuit's basic guide to understanding nicotine dependency.
- Nicotine Cessation Topic Index - An alphabetical subject matter index to more than a thousand nicotine cessation articles, videos and support group discussions.
- Joel's Library - Joel Spitzer began presenting stop smoking clinics and seminars in 1976. WhyQuit's education director since 2000, Joel's Library is home to his life's work. It includes Joel's "Daily Quitting Lesson Guide," more than 100 original stop smoking articles, his free ebook "Never Take Another Puff," and to his ever growing collection of more than 400 stop smoking videos.
- "Freedom from Nicotine - The Journey Home" - Written by John R. Polito, a former 30-year heavy smoker and WhyQuit's 1999 founder, Freedom from Nicotine shares the science underlying nicotine dependency and successful abrupt nicotine cessation.
- Turkeyville - Imagine surrounding yourself with more than 10,000 cold turkey quitters. Turkeyville is a Facebook support group exclusively for cold turkey quitters.
- Freedom - Freedom was WhyQuit's original 1999 stop smoking support group. No longer accepting members, its 453,000 archived posts continue to share recovery insights.