Tobacco, Smoking and Nicotine Movies & Clips
While fear is a weak sustaining motivation as we quickly grow numb to it, if allowed, it can motivate us to master our chemical dependency and discover the path home. Ask yourself, what learning takes place by swallowing a pill, slapping on a patch, chewing gum or being hypnotized or stuck by needles? As this 2013 Gallup Poll suggests, none. Knowledge truly is a quitting method. Why fight in darkness when we can turn on the lights?
Calif. Dept. Health Services 2001
Tobacco Industry Lies & Bait
Smoke Free Movies 2006
CBS Evening News
Youth Nicotine Dependency Prevention
National Council Against Smoking
Getting Hooked - That First Hidden Dopamine Explosion
U.S. Department of Defense
Smoking's #1 Killer - Circulatory Disease
Smoking's #2 Killer - Cancer
ABC News 2005
Dr. Andrew Nemecheck
Smoking's #3 Killer - Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
A Child's Worst Nightmare
Other Smoking Risks and Harms
The Truth Campaign
A Chronic Cough: a Potential Lung Cancer Warning Sign
Terminal and Dying
Dead & Gone
American Cancer Society
Quitting - Nicotine Dependency Recovery
How to Quit Smoking
Read our free quitting e-books
Read both and watch knowledge destroy quitting anxieties!
Discover Smart Turkey Quitting
- WhyQuit.com WhyQuit is the Internet's oldest forum devoted to the art, science and psychology of cold turkey quitting, the stop smoking method used by the vast majority of all successful long-term ex-smokers.
- Nicotine Addiction 101 WhyQuit's guide to understanding nicotine dependency.
- Nicotine Cessation Topic Index An alphabetical subject matter index to more than a thousand nicotine cessation articles, videos and support group discussions.
- Joel's Library Joel Spitzer began presenting stop smoking clinics and seminars in 1976. WhyQuit's education director since 2000, Joel's Library is home to his life's work. It includes Joel's "Daily Quitting Lesson Guide." The Guide walks new quitters through the first two weeks of smoking cessation, recommending daily videos to watch and articles to read. It's also home to more than a hundred original short stop smoking articles, to "Never Take Another Puff," Joel's free ebook, and to his ever growing collection of more than 400 video stop smoking lessons.
- Joel's Stop Smoking Video Index An alphabetical index to Joel's 400 videos. Each link opens a webpage where Joel shares the video together with related articles and links.
- "Freedom from Nicotine - The Journey Home" Written by John R. Polito, a former 30-year heavy smoker and WhyQuit's 1999 founder, Freedom from Nicotine shares the science underlying nicotine dependency and successful abrupt nicotine cessation. Whether hooked on cigarettes, e-cigarettes (e-cigs), bidis, kreteks, a pipe, hookah or cigars, on dip, chew, snuff or snus, or on the nicotine gum, lozenge, spray, inhaler or patch, the book provides a road-map home.
- Turkeyville Imagine surrounding yourself with more than 10,000 cold turkey quitters. Turkeyville is a Facebook support group exclusively for cold turkey quitters. The group's primary focus is helping newbies navigate the first few days. Just that first brave step, yes you can!
- Freedom Freedom was WhyQuit's original 1999 stop smoking support group. No longer accepting members, today Freedom's 453,000 archived member posts serve as a valuable source of recovery insight and understanding.