Welcome to Turkeyville, where posting privileges are reserved for those who have stopped using all nicotine cold turkey. If you are still using nicotine please do not post messages to our group, as they will be removed. When you begin your quit, we will be here for you with support! Please read this link to our group's rules before posting, as membership is conditioned upon following them.
Turkeyville's Group Rules
A "real" drug addict in every sense, we highly recommend that you submerge yourself in Joel's Library with its more than 100 articles and 200 video lessons or Freedom from Nicotine - The Journey Home, as knowledge truly is power.
Imagine becoming smarter than your addiction is strong. Imagine trading cold turkey for smart turkey. It's amazing what happens once understanding, insights and wisdom destroy needless fears, anxieties and false use beliefs.
In the end there is only one rule. It's that lapse equals relapse, that one equals all, that one puff will always be too many, while thousands never enough. It's called the Law of Addiction. Yes, there is just one rule which if followed provides 100 percent odds of success ... no nicotine just one challenge and day at a time. Again, glad to have you. Baby steps, yes you can!
Key Support Links
How to Quit Smoking
Our Free Quitting E-books
Read both books & demolish quitting anxieties!
Learn More About Smart Turkey Quitting
- WhyQuit.com - WhyQuit is the Internet's oldest forum devoted to the art, science and psychology of cold turkey quitting, the stop smoking method used by the vast majority of all successful long-term ex-smokers. Left to right, WhyQuit is organized under three headings: (1) Motivation, (2) Education and (3) Support.
- "Never Take Another Puff" - Imagine a free 149 page stop smoking ebook that's registered more than 4 million downloads and was written by a man who has devoted 40 years, full-time to helping smokers quit. Never Take Another Puff (NTAP) was authored by Joel Spitzer, the Internet's leading authority on how to stop smoking cold turkey. It is an insightful collection of almost 100 articles on every cessation topic imaginable.
- "Freedom from Nicotine - The Journey Home" - Written by John R. Polito, a former 30-year heavy smoker and WhyQuit's 1999 founder, Freedom from Nicotine (FFN) is a free nicotine dependency recovery book that documents the science underlying nicotine dependency and successful cessation. Whether hooked on cigarettes, e-cigarettes (e-cigs), bidis, kreteks, a pipe, hookah or cigars, on dip, chew, snuff or snus, or on the nicotine gum, lozenge, spray, inhaler or patch, FFN provides a comprehensive yet easy to follow road-map to freedom from nicotine.
- Turkeyville - Visit Turkeyville, Facebook's most popular quit smoking support group. The group's primary focus is the first few days and helping new quitters get started. Yes you can!
- Joel's Library - Joel's Library is home to Joel Spitzer's "Daily Quitting Lesson Guide." The Guide walks new quitters through the first two weeks of smoking cessation, recommending daily videos to watch and articles to read. Joel's Library is also home to more than 100 original short stop smoking articles, to his free ebook Never Take Another Puff, and to his collection of more than 200 video stop smoking lessons.
- Nicotine Addiction 101 - WhyQuit's guide to understanding nicotine dependency.
- Freedom - Looking for a deadly serious and highly focused education oriented support group? Home to Joel Spitzer, Freedom is the Internet's only 100% nicotine-free peer messageboard support forum. Explore Freedom's hundreds of thousands of archived member posts on how to quit smoking.
- Nicotine Cessation Topic Index - An alphabetical subject matter index to hundreds of nicotine cessation support group discussions, article and videos.
- 40 Quitting Tips - Key cold turkey nicotine cessation tips on how to stop smoking, vaping, chewing or sucking nicotine into your body and bloodstream.
Knowledge is a Quitting Method
Created January 14, 2014 and page format updated June 13, 2015 by John R. Polito