- The International Association of Laryngectomees Secretary from 2007-2013 - As noted above, while in 2001 Terrie badly wanted that lady with the hole in her throat to get out of her house, she joined and quickly became a highly valued member of the International Association of Laryngectomees. Beyond service as the IAL's secretary for the 6 years prior to her death, Terrie was Chairman of the Nominating Committee and the Prohaska Fund, served on the Annual Meeting Committee, was the Ad hoc VI Director of the Search Committee, served as the Treasurer and Interim Secretary for the IAL Auxiliary, and had previously served on the Medical Affairs Committee, Speech Standards, and Community Outreach Committees.
- 2002 - 2013: S.A.V.E. Advocate - Terrie starting working with S.A.V.E. (Survivors and Victims of Tobacco Empowerment) in 2002, sharing her survivor's story with students in schools and community settings.
- December 6, 2005: NC Distinguished Service Award in Preventive Health - North Carolina's then Lt. Gov. Beverly Perdue presented Terrie with the NC Health and Wellness Trust Fund's Distinguished Service Advocacy Award for "her mission to warn youth about the effects of smoking," for "speaking to teens across the state at schools and community events – showing them tobacco's deadly consequences first-hand."
- Terrie's Centers for Disease Control Biography - "Terrie continued to smoke throughout her radiation treatments. 'I didn't think I had to quit. The radiation was getting rid of the cancer, so I could still smoke,' she says." Also this CDC link is entitled "Terrie's Story"
- May 22, 2013 Terrie is Awarded the Surgeon General's Medallion - According to this WGHP interview on YouTube, Terrie was honored by the Surgeon General. It also notes that she is currently battling a brain tumor.
- Terrie Hall's Wikipedia entry
- Obituary of Terrie Linn McNutt Hall: July 19, 1960 to September 16, 2013 - Also, link is to Terrie's Winston-Salem Journal obituary
- View Terrie's Obituary Guestbook
- Sign Terrie's Obituary Guestbook