World No Tobacco Day Quit Smoking Guide
Although the World Health Organization sees May 31 as a day to contemplate not using tobacco, the average smoker sees it as a day to tune-out, turn-off and temporarily hide behind their thick protective wall of denial rationalizations. But for those brave enough to briefly peer over the top it could become the most rewarding day of their entire life.
World No Tobacco Day will bring thousands of dreamers to the Internet where they'll find it awash with every quick fix magic cure imaginable. Like some thousand item cyber quitting buffet, which product, procedure, book or service should they buy?
According to WhyQuit.com, "none" because, like Dorothy trapped in Oz, they've always had the ability to return home.
A May 2006 study in Addictive Behaviors found that a whopping 88% of all successful long-term quitters quit smoking cold turkey. Aside from almost all quitting nicotine cold, it found that cold turkey quitters experienced success rates twice as high as achieved by those using the nicotine patch, nicotine gum, nicotine inhaler or Zyban (bupropion).
Unique among Internet quitting destinations, WhyQuit is the only major forum that will tell World No Tobacco Day visitors to keep their money in their pockets. It also steadfastly refuses to accept donations.
An all-volunteer labor of love, WhyQuit contends that although no smoker is stronger than nicotine that they don't need to be as long as they are smarter. Considering that nicotine is simply a chemical with an I.Q. of zero, this should not pose a problem for any smoker.
Established in July 1999 as a quit smoking motivational site, WhyQuit quickly evolved into a multifaceted nicotine dependency education forum. Its popularity has exploded. Today, WhyQuit receives more than 2.2 million unique annual visitors.
WhyQuit's centerpiece is a large library of original quitting articles and videos containing the 40-year seminar and clinic insights of one of the world's premier full-time quit smoking counselors, Joel Spitzer of Chicago.
Affectionately dubbed "Joel's Library" by quitters, its lessons are taught and shared along side all the latest study research at "Turkeyville," WhyQuit's free peer support Facebook based education forum.
A core recovery philosophy of "no nicotine just one day at a time," today Turkeyville graduates some of the most knowledgeable ex-smokers on earth.
Ninety of Joel's short quitting articles have been combined into a free 149 page PDF quitting book entitled "Never Take Another Puff." Visitors to Joel's Library also discover nearly 500 short video lessons, each containing a nicotine dependency recovery pearl of wisdom.
WhyQuit encourages all smokers to be brave this World No Tobacco Day and spend a few minutes briefly sampling the juice of understanding. Knowledge is power and there was always only one rule - no nicotine just one day at a time, "Never Take Another Puff." Yes you can!
WhyQuit's World No Tobacco Day Articles
- World No Tobacco Day 2019
- Friday, May 31, 2019 World No Tobacco Day
- Turning World No Tobacco Day Into Victory
- Ten Free World No Tobacco Day Quitting Tools
- World No Tobacco Day: a Call to Action
- World No Tobacco Day: a Golden Midyear Opportunity
- World No Tobacco Day Quit Smoking Tips
- World No Tobacco Day Quit Smoking Guide
- World No Tobacco Day: Shedding Dependency Ignorance
How to Quit Smoking
Our Free E-books
Read both & destroy fear driven anxieties!
Discover Smart Turkey Quitting
- WhyQuit.com - WhyQuit is the Internet's oldest forum devoted to the art, science and psychology of cold turkey quitting, the stop smoking method used by the vast majority of all successful long-term ex-smokers.
- Nicotine Addiction 101 - WhyQuit's basic guide to understanding nicotine dependency.
- Nicotine Cessation Topic Index - An alphabetical subject matter index to more than a thousand nicotine cessation articles, videos and support group discussions.
- Joel's Library - Joel Spitzer began presenting stop smoking clinics and seminars in 1976. WhyQuit's education director since 2000, Joel's Library is home to his life's work. It includes Joel's "Daily Quitting Lesson Guide," more than 100 original stop smoking articles, his free ebook "Never Take Another Puff," and to his ever growing collection of more than 400 stop smoking videos.
- "Freedom from Nicotine - The Journey Home" - Written by John R. Polito, a former 30-year heavy smoker and WhyQuit's 1999 founder, Freedom from Nicotine shares the science underlying nicotine dependency and successful abrupt nicotine cessation.
- Turkeyville - Imagine surrounding yourself with more than 10,000 cold turkey quitters. Turkeyville is a Facebook support group exclusively for cold turkey quitters.
- Freedom - Freedom was WhyQuit's original 1999 stop smoking support group. No longer accepting members, its 453,000 archived posts continue to share recovery insights.