Smokers waiting to bottom out often proves deadly
Joel Spitzer's newest stop smoking video warns smokers about the risks of waiting for arrival of their first smoking related disease before deciding to get serious.
Bryan Lee Curtis was just 34. More than five million annual smoking related deaths, nearly half in middle-age, imagine your very first warning sign of any tobacco related disease being a massive heart attack or stroke, or, like Bryan, being diagnosed with advanced small cell lung cancer. Imagine having less than two months to live.
"Waiting to bottom out" is the newest addition to Joel Spitzer's growing collection of more than 200 free video quit smoking lessons.
Can you explain how smoking causes heart attacks and strokes? Circulatory disease is smoking's leading killer yet few smokers understand why. What about cancer? The following vidoes will aid you in understanding why smoking is the leading cause of premature death in every developed nation on earth.
Half of adult U.S. smokers lose 14 years of life expectancy due to smoking related causes.
If they could only have seen on the outside the destruction they'd caused within. It's too late to save Noni, Bryan, Deb, Neil or Helen. But if they could be with you now, I know that each would do their very best to awaken you to the insanity of that next destructive puff.
Share this article with friends & loved ones
PDF copy for saving or printing
How to Quit Smoking
Our Free E-books
Read both & destroy fear driven anxieties!
Discover Smart Turkey Quitting
- WhyQuit.com - WhyQuit is the Internet's oldest forum devoted to the art, science and psychology of cold turkey quitting, the stop smoking method used by the vast majority of all successful long-term ex-smokers.
- Nicotine Addiction 101 - WhyQuit's basic guide to understanding nicotine dependency.
- Nicotine Cessation Topic Index - An alphabetical subject matter index to more than a thousand nicotine cessation articles, videos and support group discussions.
- Joel's Library - Joel Spitzer began presenting stop smoking clinics and seminars in 1976. WhyQuit's education director since 2000, Joel's Library is home to his life's work. It includes Joel's "Daily Quitting Lesson Guide," more than 100 original stop smoking articles, his free ebook "Never Take Another Puff," and to his ever growing collection of more than 400 stop smoking videos.
- "Freedom from Nicotine - The Journey Home" - Written by John R. Polito, a former 30-year heavy smoker and WhyQuit's 1999 founder, Freedom from Nicotine shares the science underlying nicotine dependency and successful abrupt nicotine cessation.
- Turkeyville - Imagine surrounding yourself with more than 10,000 cold turkey quitters. Turkeyville is a Facebook support group exclusively for cold turkey quitters.
- Freedom - Freedom was WhyQuit's original 1999 stop smoking support group. No longer accepting members, its 453,000 archived posts continue to share recovery insights.