Test your quit smoking IQ
How long does it take for all nicotine to exit the body after quitting? Why can smokers skip breakfast and lunch without experiencing hunger pains? How does nicotine interact with caffeine? What do you do when quitting if you have a drinking problem too?
Surprisingly, most smokers know very little about nicotine or quitting. Oh, they probably know how to put on a nicotine patch, chew nicotine gum or relax for a hypnotist, but amazingly few have ever taken the time to actually read the instructions that came with their addiction.
WhyQuit.com, a free quitting forum run by volunteer cessation counselors, has put together a short 30 question exam called "WhyQuit's Quitting Quiz." Designed as a teaching tool, the quiz automatically grades itself as each question is answered. Once the correct answer is selected it allows exam takers to explore explanations associated with unselected responses, without penalty.
Questions address the addictiveness of nicotine, the timing of physical withdrawal, how to avoid needless symptoms, crave episode duration and timing, crave coping techniques, the law of addiction, relapse prevention, quitting crutches, the emotional loss, quitting methods, and overcoming conscious rationalizations and minimizations.
Nicotine is just a chemical with an IQ of zero. When it comes to quitting, knowledge truly is a quitter's most potent weapon but only if acquired and put to work. The quiz is available at https://whyquit.com/whyquit/Quitting.htm.
How to Quit Smoking
Our Free E-books
Read both & destroy fear driven anxieties!
Discover Smart Turkey Quitting
- WhyQuit.com - WhyQuit is the Internet's oldest forum devoted to the art, science and psychology of cold turkey quitting, the stop smoking method used by the vast majority of all successful long-term ex-smokers.
- Nicotine Addiction 101 - WhyQuit's basic guide to understanding nicotine dependency.
- Nicotine Cessation Topic Index - An alphabetical subject matter index to more than a thousand nicotine cessation articles, videos and support group discussions.
- Joel's Library - Joel Spitzer began presenting stop smoking clinics and seminars in 1976. WhyQuit's education director since 2000, Joel's Library is home to his life's work. It includes Joel's "Daily Quitting Lesson Guide," more than 100 original stop smoking articles, his free ebook "Never Take Another Puff," and to his ever growing collection of more than 400 stop smoking videos.
- "Freedom from Nicotine - The Journey Home" - Written by John R. Polito, a former 30-year heavy smoker and WhyQuit's 1999 founder, Freedom from Nicotine shares the science underlying nicotine dependency and successful abrupt nicotine cessation.
- Turkeyville - Imagine surrounding yourself with more than 10,000 cold turkey quitters. Turkeyville is a Facebook support group exclusively for cold turkey quitters.
- Freedom - Freedom was WhyQuit's original 1999 stop smoking support group. No longer accepting members, its 453,000 archived posts continue to share recovery insights.