FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - Friday, August 14, 2009
Charleston, South Carolina
Contact: John R. Polito (843) 797-3234
Internet Stop Smoking Book Invades Real World
For nearly a decade what is today the net's most popular non-government quit smoking forum had to hope that smokers somehow stumbled upon the the site's teachings. Not anymore. At last it's possible to hand them its lessons.
The book's title is "Freedom from Nicotine - The Journey Home" and it's about more than just quitting smoking. Written by John R. Polito, the 1999 founder of WhyQuit.com, it takes aim at all forms of nicotine dependency, regardless of how nicotine enters the bloodstream.
The 240 page book, available at WhyQuit, attempts to restore quitter confidence in their own natural instincts to stop putting nicotine into their body. Commonly known as "cold turkey," it's the quitting method responsible for generating 80 to 90% of all long-term successful ex-smokers. Freedom from Nicotine explores how nicotine enslaves the brain, the "Law of Addiction," the timing and sequencing of the four planes of recovery (physical, emotional, subconscious and conscious), how to minimize the impact of each (including urge and crave anxieties) and how to avoid complacency and relapse.
It takes special aim at a host of false nicotine use rationalizations (collectively known as junkie thinking), early alcohol use, cessation weight gain, crutch avoidance, quitting aids, negative support, crave episode management, bad days, and menstrual cycle and pregnancy considerations.
While the book's free PDF version has been available at WhyQuit since New Year's, don't expect to find the book for sale at WhyQuit. It won't happen.
It's not that WhyQuit is trying to hide anything or that Google's top ranked non-government "quit smoking" site doesn't want to connect with even greater numbers of smokers, smokeless tobacco users and those hooked on the nicotine gum or lozenge. It's that WhyQuit was built upon the principle that the motivation, education and support needed to quit and break free should be freely available to all. As much as possible, the site seeks to insulate both new quitters and victim stories from product and service advertising.
But failure to offer an off-site printed version made it harder for WhyQuit's cessation lessons to exit the Internet and find their way into the hands of even greater numbers of real-world quitters. It also either ties readers to a lengthy PDF file on a computer screen, or costs them dearly in printer ink, time, paper, and a binder to try and hold it all together.
What's most exciting is to think that the lessons shared at WhyQuit can now be wrapped as a loving gift and handed to smoking friends, co-workers and relatives who may not have Internet access. More than 100,000 words in the book but still just one guiding principle determining the outcome for all ... no nicotine today!
Our free quitting e-books
Read both & demolish quitting anxieties!
Learn More About Smart Turkey Quitting
- WhyQuit.com - WhyQuit is the Internet's oldest forum devoted to the art, science and psychology of cold turkey quitting, the stop smoking method used by the vast majority of all successful long-term ex-smokers. Left to right, WhyQuit is organized under three headings: (1) Motivation, (2) Education and (3) Support.
- "Never Take Another Puff" - Imagine a free 149 page stop smoking ebook that's registered more than 4 million downloads and was written by a man who has devoted 40 years, full-time to helping smokers quit. Never Take Another Puff (NTAP) was authored by Joel Spitzer, the Internet's leading authority on how to stop smoking cold turkey. It is an insightful collection of almost 100 articles on every cessation topic imaginable.
- "Freedom from Nicotine - The Journey Home" - Written by John R. Polito, a former 30-year heavy smoker and WhyQuit's 1999 founder, Freedom from Nicotine (FFN) is a free nicotine dependency recovery book that documents the science underlying nicotine dependency and successful cessation. Whether hooked on cigarettes, e-cigarettes (e-cigs), bidis, kreteks, a pipe, hookah or cigars, on dip, chew, snuff or snus, or on the nicotine gum, lozenge, spray, inhaler or patch, FFN provides a comprehensive yet easy to follow road-map to freedom from nicotine.
- Turkeyville - Visit Turkeyville, Facebook's most popular quit smoking support group. The group's primary focus is the first few days and helping new quitters get started. Yes you can!
- Joel's Library - Joel's Library is home to Joel Spitzer's "Daily Quitting Lesson Guide." The Guide walks new quitters through the first two weeks of smoking cessation, recommending daily videos to watch and articles to read. Joel's Library is also home to more than 100 original short stop smoking articles, to his free ebook Never Take Another Puff, and to his collection of more than 200 video stop smoking lessons.
- Nicotine Addiction 101 - WhyQuit's guide to understanding nicotine dependency.
- Freedom - Looking for a deadly serious and highly focused education oriented support group? Home to Joel Spitzer, Freedom is the Internet's only 100% nicotine-free peer messageboard support forum. Explore Freedom's hundreds of thousands of archived member posts on how to quit smoking.
- Nicotine Cessation Topic Index - An alphabetical subject matter index to hundreds of nicotine cessation support group discussions, article and videos.
- 40 Quitting Tips - Key cold turkey nicotine cessation tips on how to stop smoking, vaping, chewing or sucking nicotine into your body and bloodstream.
Knowledge is a Quitting Method