FOR IMMEDIATE FREE RELEASE
Monday, September 18, 2006
Charleston, South Carolina
Contact: John R. Polito
Soon smokers may no longer need to attend formal quit smoking programs in order to discover the keys to quitting as the programs are coming to them. Fionna Lippy, host of World Talk Radio's "Simple Savings," spent an hour with John R. Polito, a nicotine cessation educator and editor of WhyQuit.com on September 14. The broadcast transcript is free and remains available at the site.
The first segment covers the costs associated with smoking, the second explores why smokers smoke and the final segment presents the basics on how to quit.
Although the show's name and focus are about "savings," Fiona has already decided to devote a second one-hour broadcast to the most important topic of all - how to quit. John and Joel Spitzer, John's six year teacher and mentor, are scheduled to appear together on the October 26 program.
Joel Spitzer is the author of "Never Take Another Puff," a popular 149 page PDF quit smoking book which can be downloaded for free at WhyQuit.com. It contains 97 short quitting articles on almost every cessation topic imaginable.
Joel is a full-time cessation counselor who has taught regular quit smoking clinic programs in the Chicago area since 1976. His live programs involve six two-hour sessions spanning thirteen days. Although few will be able to travel to Evanston, Illinois to attend his next two-week program which starts October 3, they don't need to as both Joel and his work are freely available at WhyQuit.
Smokers truly are bringing clinic type programs into their homes as 437,802 copies of Joel's free book were downloaded during the past 12 months. Hopefully additional talk radio programs will soon join Fiona in connecting the world's leading nicotine dependency recovery counselors, educators and facilitators to the 70 percent of smokers who say they want to quit but don't know how.
WhyQuit's basic "how to quit smoking" video
Have you read our free quitting e-books?
Read both and experience the "POWER" of knowledge!
(Click each book's image to learn more about it before downloading)
Learn More About Smart Turkey Quitting
- WhyQuit.com - WhyQuit is the Internet's oldest forum devoted to the art, science and psychology of cold turkey quitting, the stop smoking method used by the vast majority of all successful long-term ex-smokers. Left to right, WhyQuit is organized under three headings: (1) Motivation, (2) Education and (3) Support.
- "Never Take Another Puff" - Imagine a free 149 page stop smoking ebook that's registered more than 4 million downloads and was written by a man who has devoted 40 years, full-time to helping smokers quit. Never Take Another Puff (NTAP) was authored by Joel Spitzer, the Internet's leading authority on how to stop smoking cold turkey. It is an insightful collection of almost 100 articles on every cessation topic imaginable.
- "Freedom from Nicotine - The Journey Home" - Written by John R. Polito, a former 30-year heavy smoker and WhyQuit's 1999 founder, Freedom from Nicotine (FFN) is a free 240 page nicotine dependency recovery book that documents the science underlying nicotine dependency and successful cessation. Whether hooked on cigarettes, e-cigarettes (e-cigs), bidis, kreteks, a pipe, hookah or cigars, on dip, chew, snuff or snus, or on the nicotine gum, lozenge, spray, inhaler or patch, FFN provides a comprehensive yet easy to follow road-map to freedom from nicotine.
- Joel's Library - Joel's Library is home to Joel Spitzer's "Daily Quitting Lesson Guide." The Guide walks new quitters through the first two weeks of smoking cessation, recommending daily videos to watch and articles to read. Joel's Library is also home to more than 100 original short stop smoking articles, to his free ebook Never Take Another Puff, and to his collection of more than 160 video stop smoking lessons.
- Nicotine Addiction 101 - WhyQuit's guide to understanding nicotine dependency.
- Freedom - Looking for a deadly serious and highly focused education oriented support group? Home to Joel Spitzer, Freedom is the Internet's only 100% nicotine-free peer messageboard support forum. Explore Freedom's hundreds of thousands of archived member posts on how to quit smoking.
- Turkeyville - Visit WhyQuit's Facebook cold turkey support group, where the primary focus is the first few days and helping new quitters get started. Yes you can!
- Nicotine Cessation Topic Index - An alphabetical subject matter index to hundreds of nicotine cessation support group discussions, article and videos.
- 40 Quitting Tips - Key cold turkey nicotine cessation tips on how to stop smoking, vaping, chewing or sucking nicotine into your body and bloodstream.
Knowledge is a Quitting Method!