Great American Smokeout Thursday: Help Your Smoker Quit
Thursday is the 34th Great American Smokeout. It's a golden opportunity to gift wrap and hand smoking friends and loved ones the one quitting method they've likely never tried: a detailed understanding of their chemical dependency and the insights needed to arrest it.
Two free quit smoking books are available for download, printing and gift wrapping at WhyQuit, the nation's #1 "nicotine cessation" forum among 1.4 million Google search results.
"Never Take Another Puff" was written by Joel Spitzer, who has counseled smokers full-time since 1972 and is America's most quoted cessation educator. His free book has recorded more than 2 million downloads.
"Freedom from Nicotine - The Journey Home" was written by John R. Polito, the 1999 founder of WhyQuit and a former 30-year heavy smoker. It was released in January.
Ask yourself, what learning takes place by swallowing a pill, slapping on a patch, chewing gum, sucking a lozenge, being hypnotized, stuck with needles or pierced by lasers?
Investing the time needed to print and gift wrap the only quit smoking book your smoking friend or loved one has likely ever received, pretty much assures that your gift will be read.
Why expect our friends and loved ones to quit in ignorance and darkness? Why not hand them the insights that turn on the lights? Knowledge isn't just power. It's a quitting method.
Related Great American Smokeout Reading
How to Quit Smoking
Our free quitting e-books
Read both & demolish quitting anxieties!
Learn More About Smart Turkey Quitting
- WhyQuit.com - WhyQuit is the Internet's oldest forum devoted to the art, science and psychology of cold turkey quitting, the stop smoking method used by the vast majority of all successful long-term ex-smokers. Left to right, WhyQuit is organized under three headings: (1) Motivation, (2) Education and (3) Support.
- "Never Take Another Puff" - Imagine a free 149 page stop smoking ebook that's registered more than 4 million downloads and was written by a man who has devoted 40 years, full-time to helping smokers quit. Never Take Another Puff (NTAP) was authored by Joel Spitzer, the Internet's leading authority on how to stop smoking cold turkey. It is an insightful collection of almost 100 articles on every cessation topic imaginable.
- "Freedom from Nicotine - The Journey Home" - Written by John R. Polito, a former 30-year heavy smoker and WhyQuit's 1999 founder, Freedom from Nicotine (FFN) is a free nicotine dependency recovery book that documents the science underlying nicotine dependency and successful cessation. Whether hooked on cigarettes, e-cigarettes (e-cigs), bidis, kreteks, a pipe, hookah or cigars, on dip, chew, snuff or snus, or on the nicotine gum, lozenge, spray, inhaler or patch, FFN provides a comprehensive yet easy to follow road-map to freedom from nicotine.
- Turkeyville - Visit Turkeyville, Facebook's most popular quit smoking support group. The group's primary focus is the first few days and helping new quitters get started. Yes you can!
- Joel's Library - Joel's Library is home to Joel Spitzer's "Daily Quitting Lesson Guide." The Guide walks new quitters through the first two weeks of smoking cessation, recommending daily videos to watch and articles to read. Joel's Library is also home to more than 100 original short stop smoking articles, to his free ebook Never Take Another Puff, and to his collection of more than 200 video stop smoking lessons.
- Nicotine Addiction 101 - WhyQuit's guide to understanding nicotine dependency.
- Freedom - Looking for a deadly serious and highly focused education oriented support group? Home to Joel Spitzer, Freedom is the Internet's only 100% nicotine-free peer messageboard support forum. Explore Freedom's hundreds of thousands of archived member posts on how to quit smoking.
- Nicotine Cessation Topic Index - An alphabetical subject matter index to hundreds of nicotine cessation support group discussions, article and videos.
- 40 Quitting Tips - Key cold turkey nicotine cessation tips on how to stop smoking, vaping, chewing or sucking nicotine into your body and bloodstream.
Knowledge is a Quitting Method