FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - Saturday, August 27, 2005
Charleston, South Carolina
Contact: John R. Polito (843) 797-3234
Thousands download free quit smoking book
Imagine it taking the death of America's most beloved news anchor, Peter Jennings, to awaken smokers to the availability of a totally free and highly effective quitting book. It's happening. So far during August, more than 18,000 visitors to WhyQuit.com have downloaded a 149 page PDF quitting book entitled "Never Take Another Puff."
Written by Joel Spitzer of Chicago, could mastering the 98 lessons in his free quitting book provide readers with up to 40% odds of successful long-term nicotine cessation, when a March 2003 study found that the over-the-counter nicotine patch and gum afforded smokers just 7% odds of quitting for six months?
"Absolutely," says John R. Polito, a former thirty-year three pack-a-day smoker and editor of WhyQuit.com. "Joel Spitzer has devoted his entire life to working with and studying quitters. His amazing insights consistently produce some of the highest success rates anywhere."
Spitzer's career started as a volunteer with the American Cancer Society in 1972. Since then he has presented more than 325 six-session quitting clinics spanning 13 days (each session two hours), and over 570 single session seminars. "He truly is the Henry Aaron/Babe Ruth of smoking cessation," says Polito.
Today Spitzer presents clinics and seminars for the Evanston and Skokie divisions of the Illinois Departments of Health. Since January 2000, he has also served as education director at Freedom from Tobacco, a free online message board quitting forum where he daily presents lessons and counseling to new quitters.
Spitzer's free quitting book can be downloaded at whyquit.com/book.html. "In a world driven by the almighty dollar it's refreshing to watch a man who continues to so freely share his time, talent, wisdom and skill," says Polito.
Health, education, civic and non-profit groups are invited to print and share Spitzer's book, together with other spin-off quitting documents found at the above link. They're also invited to add the organization's own cover, logo and message to each. Spitzer's only requests are that there never be any charge or cost to recipients and that all content, copyrights and attributions remain in place.
Our free quitting e-books
Read both & demolish quitting anxieties!
Learn More About Smart Turkey Quitting
- WhyQuit.com - WhyQuit is the Internet's oldest forum devoted to the art, science and psychology of cold turkey quitting, the stop smoking method used by the vast majority of all successful long-term ex-smokers. Left to right, WhyQuit is organized under three headings: (1) Motivation, (2) Education and (3) Support.
- "Never Take Another Puff" - Imagine a free 149 page stop smoking ebook that's registered more than 4 million downloads and was written by a man who has devoted 40 years, full-time to helping smokers quit. Never Take Another Puff (NTAP) was authored by Joel Spitzer, the Internet's leading authority on how to stop smoking cold turkey. It is an insightful collection of almost 100 articles on every cessation topic imaginable.
- "Freedom from Nicotine - The Journey Home" - Written by John R. Polito, a former 30-year heavy smoker and WhyQuit's 1999 founder, Freedom from Nicotine (FFN) is a free nicotine dependency recovery book that documents the science underlying nicotine dependency and successful cessation. Whether hooked on cigarettes, e-cigarettes (e-cigs), bidis, kreteks, a pipe, hookah or cigars, on dip, chew, snuff or snus, or on the nicotine gum, lozenge, spray, inhaler or patch, FFN provides a comprehensive yet easy to follow road-map to freedom from nicotine.
- Turkeyville - Visit Turkeyville, Facebook's most popular quit smoking support group. The group's primary focus is the first few days and helping new quitters get started. Yes you can!
- Joel's Library - Joel's Library is home to Joel Spitzer's "Daily Quitting Lesson Guide." The Guide walks new quitters through the first two weeks of smoking cessation, recommending daily videos to watch and articles to read. Joel's Library is also home to more than 100 original short stop smoking articles, to his free ebook Never Take Another Puff, and to his collection of more than 200 video stop smoking lessons.
- Nicotine Addiction 101 - WhyQuit's guide to understanding nicotine dependency.
- Freedom - Looking for a deadly serious and highly focused education oriented support group? Home to Joel Spitzer, Freedom is the Internet's only 100% nicotine-free peer messageboard support forum. Explore Freedom's hundreds of thousands of archived member posts on how to quit smoking.
- Nicotine Cessation Topic Index - An alphabetical subject matter index to hundreds of nicotine cessation support group discussions, article and videos.
- 40 Quitting Tips - Key cold turkey nicotine cessation tips on how to stop smoking, vaping, chewing or sucking nicotine into your body and bloodstream.
Knowledge is a Quitting Method