FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
Contact: John R. Polito (843) 797-3234
Help friends discover most productive quit smoking method
The neo-nicotine industry, which now includes e-cigs, is working its butt off to guarantee that your nicotine dependent friends and loved ones remain chemically enslaved during 2014. Your friends need your help.
The biggest stop smoking day of the year is upon us. And while the vast majority of your smoking friends dream about quitting, truth is, brainwashed by industry marketing, it's unlikely they know how.
None saw the July 2013 Gallup Poll which found that after 30 years (since 1984) and billions spent on advertising, that only 1 in 100 ex-smokers succeeded by use of nicotine gum (Nicorette).
Truth is, contrary to sham "double your chances" marketing, almost no one breaks free from nicotine while chewing it.
Truth is, nicotine is not medicine and its use isn't therapy. Whether a heavy or light smoker, toying with nicotine undercuts success, delays cessation and is costing lives.
The industry's master plan is to keep your friends nicotine's slave until the day they die. Its collective economic muscle is gigantic. It's why it's nearly impossible to locate any reference to the 2013 Gallup Poll finding that more ex-smokers quit smoking cold turkey than by all other methods combined.
And therein lies the problem. Cold turkey is not only the most productive and effective method, it's totally free. There's no profit to be made. Not a penny is spent on advertising. It's why the chances of your smoking friends stumbling upon any of the leading cold turkey quitting Internet destinations are slim to none.
Here's a list of the Internet's top cold turkey resources. Each of these sites teach the keys to successful cold turkey quitting. Please share this list with all your friends, as statistically 1 in 5 are hooked. Let this be the year that they break nicotine's grip upon their dopamine pathways, priorities, thinking, time, mouth, money, health and life! Together, just one smoker at a time, we can make a difference!
- WhyQuit.com - The leading cold turkey nicotine cessation site.
- Freedom - A cold turkey quitting support group founded in 1999.
- Joel's Library - The largest collection of original quitting articles anywhere.
- Never Take Another Puff - Five million downloads, the most popular free cold turkey ebook.
- Freedom from Nicotine - The Journey Home - A PDF ebook by WhyQuit's founder.
- Turkeyville - Facebook's most popular quitting support group.
- Joel Spitzer's YouTube Stop Smoking Video Library - 200+ video quitting lessons.
How to Quit Smoking
Our Free Quitting E-books
Read both books & demolish quitting anxieties!
Learn More About Smart Turkey Quitting
- WhyQuit.com - WhyQuit is the Internet's oldest forum devoted to the art, science and psychology of cold turkey quitting, the stop smoking method used by the vast majority of all successful long-term ex-smokers. Left to right, WhyQuit is organized under three headings: (1) Motivation, (2) Education and (3) Support.
- "Never Take Another Puff" - Imagine a free 149 page stop smoking ebook that's registered more than 4 million downloads and was written by a man who has devoted 40 years, full-time to helping smokers quit. Never Take Another Puff (NTAP) was authored by Joel Spitzer, the Internet's leading authority on how to stop smoking cold turkey. It is an insightful collection of almost 100 articles on every cessation topic imaginable.
- "Freedom from Nicotine - The Journey Home" - Written by John R. Polito, a former 30-year heavy smoker and WhyQuit's 1999 founder, Freedom from Nicotine (FFN) is a free nicotine dependency recovery book that documents the science underlying nicotine dependency and successful cessation. Whether hooked on cigarettes, e-cigarettes (e-cigs), bidis, kreteks, a pipe, hookah or cigars, on dip, chew, snuff or snus, or on the nicotine gum, lozenge, spray, inhaler or patch, FFN provides a comprehensive yet easy to follow road-map to freedom from nicotine.
- Turkeyville - Visit Turkeyville, Facebook's most popular quit smoking support group. The group's primary focus is the first few days and helping new quitters get started. Yes you can!
- Joel's Library - Joel's Library is home to Joel Spitzer's "Daily Quitting Lesson Guide." The Guide walks new quitters through the first two weeks of smoking cessation, recommending daily videos to watch and articles to read. Joel's Library is also home to more than 100 original short stop smoking articles, to his free ebook Never Take Another Puff, and to his collection of more than 200 video stop smoking lessons.
- Nicotine Addiction 101 - WhyQuit's guide to understanding nicotine dependency.
- Freedom - Looking for a deadly serious and highly focused education oriented support group? Home to Joel Spitzer, Freedom is the Internet's only 100% nicotine-free peer messageboard support forum. Explore Freedom's hundreds of thousands of archived member posts on how to quit smoking.
- Nicotine Cessation Topic Index - An alphabetical subject matter index to hundreds of nicotine cessation support group discussions, article and videos.
- 40 Quitting Tips - Key cold turkey nicotine cessation tips on how to stop smoking, vaping, chewing or sucking nicotine into your body and bloodstream.
Knowledge is a Quitting Method
Written December 31, 2013 and page format updated June 7, 2015 by John R. Polito