FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - Thursday, November 28, 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
Contact: John R. Polito (843) 797-3234
Cold turkey cure for Thanksgiving smoking
Lied to by the pharmaceutical industry for decades, what better day than Thanksgiving to teach smokers the truth about quitting methods and how most succeed?
Visitors to Nicorette.com
are slammed with the assertion that Nicorette nicotine gum will "Double Your Chances of Quitting." Visitors to the cold turkey quitting site
WhyQuit.com learn the truth,
that 30 years and billions spent on marketing, that a July 2013 Gallup Poll found that only 1 in 100 ex-smokers credit nicotine gum for their success.
Common sense screams that it's impossible for the brain to adjust to functioning without nicotine while it continues to arrive.
As found by the Gallup Poll, when combined, approved quitting products such as Nicorette, Nicoderm, Nicotrol, Habitrol, Commit, Zyban and Chantix account for only a tiny fraction of all successful ex-smokers, just 1 out of 12 (8 percent). But did those 8 percent quit because of having toyed with dopamine pathway stimulating chemicals or in spite of it?
How do most quitters succeed? As documented by the Poll, more smokers quit smoking cold turkey than by all other methods combined.
I submit that false quitting product marketing is worse than simply constituting a deceptive trade practice or consumer fraud. The tail isn't only wagging the dog, it's killing it.
Quitting product makers such as GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer cannot tell smokers the truth. Their websites keep secret mounting evidence that the nicotine gum, patch, lozenge, inhaler, spray, and prescription medications (bupropion and varenicline) undercut a smoker's long-term chances of quitting, that placebo-controlled clinical trials were not blind as claimed and reflect junk science at its worst, that years spent toying with replacement nicotine is costing lives.
Trust your natural instincts. Whether a light or heavy smoker, cold turkey is substantially more effective than approved products.
Most smokers have never tried smart turkey. Imagine becoming smarter than your addiction is strong. Imagine knowledge and understanding destroying quitting fears and the anxieties they breed.
Nicotine addiction is a brain wanting disorder in which nicotine compromised dopamine pathways assign nicotine use the same priority as they assign to eating food. There is only one rule to successful quitting. It's called the Law of Addiction.
Cold turkey quitting is vastly more do-able than pharmaceutical industry marketing suggests. It's fast too. The body becomes nicotine-free and moves beyond peak withdrawal within 72 hours of ending all use. Most withdrawal symptoms are blood sugar related and avoidable. As for cue triggered crave episodes, they normally begin to subside within 3 minutes but time distortion or panic can make them feel longer.
Why fear coming home for Thanksgiving? Recovery is a temporary journey of readjustment that leads to entire days where you never once think about wanting to smoke nicotine. And there is no need to go it alone.
WhyQuit.com receives 2.2 million annual visitors and is dedicated to cold turkey quitting. WhyQuit offers two free quitting books, "Freedom from Nicotine - The Journey Home" and "Never Take Another Puff," more than 200 cold turkey quitting videos, and two cold turkey support groups, Turkeyville on Facebook and Freedom, a Yuku messageboard.
According to the CDC, "the life expectancy for smokers is at least 10 years shorter than for nonsmokers." That's at least 10 Thanksgivings where your smoking friends won't be celebrating with you.
If one of our friends had an illness that was slowly destroying them, would we have the courage to point them in the right direction, to motivate them to seek help? Knowledge isn't just power, it's a quitting method. Please share this article with them. Together we can make a difference!
How to Quit Smoking
Our free quitting e-books
Read both & demolish quitting anxieties!
Learn More About Smart Turkey Quitting
- WhyQuit.com - WhyQuit is the Internet's oldest forum devoted to the art, science and psychology of cold turkey quitting, the stop smoking method used by the vast majority of all successful long-term ex-smokers. Left to right, WhyQuit is organized under three headings: (1) Motivation, (2) Education and (3) Support.
- "Never Take Another Puff" - Imagine a free 149 page stop smoking ebook that's registered more than 4 million downloads and was written by a man who has devoted 40 years, full-time to helping smokers quit. Never Take Another Puff (NTAP) was authored by Joel Spitzer, the Internet's leading authority on how to stop smoking cold turkey. It is an insightful collection of almost 100 articles on every cessation topic imaginable.
- "Freedom from Nicotine - The Journey Home" - Written by John R. Polito, a former 30-year heavy smoker and WhyQuit's 1999 founder, Freedom from Nicotine (FFN) is a free nicotine dependency recovery book that documents the science underlying nicotine dependency and successful cessation. Whether hooked on cigarettes, e-cigarettes (e-cigs), bidis, kreteks, a pipe, hookah or cigars, on dip, chew, snuff or snus, or on the nicotine gum, lozenge, spray, inhaler or patch, FFN provides a comprehensive yet easy to follow road-map to freedom from nicotine.
- Turkeyville - Visit Turkeyville, Facebook's most popular quit smoking support group. The group's primary focus is the first few days and helping new quitters get started. Yes you can!
- Joel's Library - Joel's Library is home to Joel Spitzer's "Daily Quitting Lesson Guide." The Guide walks new quitters through the first two weeks of smoking cessation, recommending daily videos to watch and articles to read. Joel's Library is also home to more than 100 original short stop smoking articles, to his free ebook Never Take Another Puff, and to his collection of more than 200 video stop smoking lessons.
- Nicotine Addiction 101 - WhyQuit's guide to understanding nicotine dependency.
- Freedom - Looking for a deadly serious and highly focused education oriented support group? Home to Joel Spitzer, Freedom is the Internet's only 100% nicotine-free peer messageboard support forum. Explore Freedom's hundreds of thousands of archived member posts on how to quit smoking.
- Nicotine Cessation Topic Index - An alphabetical subject matter index to hundreds of nicotine cessation support group discussions, article and videos.
- 40 Quitting Tips - Key cold turkey nicotine cessation tips on how to stop smoking, vaping, chewing or sucking nicotine into your body and bloodstream.
Knowledge is a Quitting Method