Thirty-year quit smoking counselor gifts free video lessons
Thinking about quitting smoking but don't know where to start? Imagine experiencing a two-week clinic counseling program, with daily sessions, without ever leaving home. Joel Spitzer of Chicago, a leading nicotine cessation counselor, has been freely sharing his life's work on the Internet since January 2000. His newest offering is a "Daily Quitting Lesson Guide" that combines video and audio counseling clips with supplemental daily reading.
Few smokers have ever met a full-time smoking cessation counselor. Fewer yet have encountered one with 30 years of clinic experience. Spitzer presented his first two-week, twelve-hour, quit smoking clinic as an American Cancer Society volunteer in 1976, and has since conducted 351 full clinics.
Today Spitzer presents stop smoking clinics and seminars for the Evanston and Skokie Illinois Departments of Health. Online he serves as education director at WhyQuit, where more than 550,000 copies of his free PDF quit smoking book entitled "Never Take Another Puff" have been downloaded since August 2005. His more than 100 quitting articles are widely shared at all major online quitting forums.
Spitzer's newest project is a collection of video lessons organized and sequenced as though viewers were attending his two-week Chicago clinic. The Guide is being featured during December at WhyQuit, a popular quitting forum created in July 1999 that received 2,533,828 hits during November 2006. A link to the Guide can make a wonderful holiday gift for smoking friends and loved ones. Who knows, opening a big present containing nothing more than a small piece of paper upon which is written a loving message together with an Internet link just might save a life.
Links to Joel Spitzer's Work
How to Quit Smoking
Our Free Quitting E-books
Read both & demolish quitting anxieties!
Learn More About Smart Turkey Quitting
- WhyQuit.com - WhyQuit is the Internet's oldest forum devoted to the art, science and psychology of cold turkey quitting, the stop smoking method used by the vast majority of all successful long-term ex-smokers. Left to right, WhyQuit is organized under three headings: (1) Motivation, (2) Education and (3) Support.
- "Never Take Another Puff" - Imagine a free 149 page stop smoking ebook that's registered more than 4 million downloads and was written by a man who has devoted 40 years, full-time to helping smokers quit. Never Take Another Puff (NTAP) was authored by Joel Spitzer, the Internet's leading authority on how to stop smoking cold turkey. It is an insightful collection of almost 100 articles on every cessation topic imaginable.
- "Freedom from Nicotine - The Journey Home" - Written by John R. Polito, a former 30-year heavy smoker and WhyQuit's 1999 founder, Freedom from Nicotine (FFN) is a free nicotine dependency recovery book that documents the science underlying nicotine dependency and successful cessation. Whether hooked on cigarettes, e-cigarettes (e-cigs), bidis, kreteks, a pipe, hookah or cigars, on dip, chew, snuff or snus, or on the nicotine gum, lozenge, spray, inhaler or patch, FFN provides a comprehensive yet easy to follow road-map to freedom from nicotine.
- Turkeyville - Visit Turkeyville, Facebook's most popular quit smoking support group. The group's primary focus is the first few days and helping new quitters get started. Yes you can!
- Joel's Library - Joel's Library is home to Joel Spitzer's "Daily Quitting Lesson Guide." The Guide walks new quitters through the first two weeks of smoking cessation, recommending daily videos to watch and articles to read. Joel's Library is also home to more than 100 original short stop smoking articles, to his free ebook Never Take Another Puff, and to his collection of more than 200 video stop smoking lessons.
- Nicotine Addiction 101 - WhyQuit's guide to understanding nicotine dependency.
- Freedom - Looking for a deadly serious and highly focused education oriented support group? Home to Joel Spitzer, Freedom is the Internet's only 100% nicotine-free peer messageboard support forum. Explore Freedom's hundreds of thousands of archived member posts on how to quit smoking.
- Nicotine Cessation Topic Index - An alphabetical subject matter index to hundreds of nicotine cessation support group discussions, article and videos.
- 40 Quitting Tips - Key cold turkey nicotine cessation tips on how to stop smoking, vaping, chewing or sucking nicotine into your body and bloodstream.
Knowledge is a Quitting Method