Is your 2018 New Year's resolution to stop smoking?
Will 2018 be another year of half-hearted pretending that you're working on the problem, or will you at last get serious and end your slow suicide via smoke's hundreds of toxins? Will it be the year that you fully arrest your chemical dependence upon smoked nicotine, or a year spent toying with transferring your addiction to cleaner captivity?
As shared in this new video by Joel Spitzer, America's Babe Ruth of quitting, you've been lied to about quitting for decades. Truth is, population level study after study has found that approved quitting products are ineffective, that more ex-smokers quit cold turkey than by all other methods combined.
Proof? As shared in this video, a July 2013 Gallup Poll found that most smokers quit cold turkey, that only a tiny fraction quit by use of any approved quitting product (just 8%).
Think about Nicorette nicotine gum. It's been on the market for 30 years now with billions spent over the years marketing it. Yet, as found by the Gallup Poll, only 1 in 100 ex-smokers credit nicotine gum for their success.
Want to stop smoking? Truth is, it's vastly more do-able than your wanting for that next fix will suggest. Truth is, your wanting, urges and craves for nicotine flow from the same brain dopamine pathways as the wanting and urges felt by the alcoholic and the heroin, cocaine and meth addict.
Truth is, despite your dopamine wanting relief sensation being accompanied by alertness instead of intoxication, numbness, euphoria or a racing sensation, that you are a REAL drug addict in every sense.
Ask President Obama, a slave to Nicorette gum these past 6 years. Those pushing pharmaceutical and electroniclly delivered nicotine dream of keeping you hooked until the day you die.
They play and prey upon an addict's never ending cycle of wanting for more. They will never tell you that you can become 100 percent nicotine-clean and move beyond peak withdrawal within 72 hours.
They know that a hallmark of real drug addiction is the addict can no longer remember or recall the calm and quiet mind that was home before getting hooked, of going weeks, months and years without once wanting for smoked, dipped, vaped or chewed nicotine.
Knowledge isn't just power but a quitting method. Imagine what would happen if you allowed yourself to become vastly wiser than nicotine's grip upon your mind, priorities, thinking, mouth, coins and life.
Watch Joel's "How to quit smoking" video below, read "Never Take Another Puff" and "Freedom from Nicotine - The Journey Home," explore Joel's Library and visit Turkeyville (on Facebook) and Freedom (on Yuku), two abrupt nicotine cessation support groups.
Need a bit more motivation? Click on the face of one of the following victims and let them teach you how lucky you've been so far. Let 2018 be the year that you became vastly wiser than an industry seeking to keep you enslaved. Just one lesson at a time, yes you can!
Share, save or print this article
How to Quit Smoking
Our Free Quitting E-books
Read both books & demolish quitting anxieties!
Learn More About Smart Turkey Quitting
- WhyQuit.com - WhyQuit is the Internet's oldest forum devoted to the art, science and psychology of cold turkey quitting, the stop smoking method used by the vast majority of all successful long-term ex-smokers. Left to right, WhyQuit is organized under three headings: (1) Motivation, (2) Education and (3) Support.
- "Never Take Another Puff" - Imagine a free 149 page stop smoking ebook that's registered more than 4 million downloads and was written by a man who has devoted 40 years, full-time to helping smokers quit. Never Take Another Puff (NTAP) was authored by Joel Spitzer, the Internet's leading authority on how to stop smoking cold turkey. It is an insightful collection of almost 100 articles on every cessation topic imaginable.
- "Freedom from Nicotine - The Journey Home" - Written by John R. Polito, a former 30-year heavy smoker and WhyQuit's 1999 founder, Freedom from Nicotine (FFN) is a free nicotine dependency recovery book that documents the science underlying nicotine dependency and successful cessation. Whether hooked on cigarettes, e-cigarettes (e-cigs), bidis, kreteks, a pipe, hookah or cigars, on dip, chew, snuff or snus, or on the nicotine gum, lozenge, spray, inhaler or patch, FFN provides a comprehensive yet easy to follow road-map to freedom from nicotine.
- Turkeyville - Visit Turkeyville, Facebook's most popular quit smoking support group. The group's primary focus is the first few days and helping new quitters get started. Yes you can!
- Joel's Library - Joel's Library is home to Joel Spitzer's "Daily Quitting Lesson Guide." The Guide walks new quitters through the first two weeks of smoking cessation, recommending daily videos to watch and articles to read. Joel's Library is also home to more than 100 original short stop smoking articles, to his free ebook Never Take Another Puff, and to his collection of more than 200 video stop smoking lessons.
- Nicotine Addiction 101 - WhyQuit's guide to understanding nicotine dependency.
- Freedom - Looking for a deadly serious and highly focused education oriented support group? Home to Joel Spitzer, Freedom is the Internet's only 100% nicotine-free peer messageboard support forum. Explore Freedom's hundreds of thousands of archived member posts on how to quit smoking.
- Nicotine Cessation Topic Index - An alphabetical subject matter index to hundreds of nicotine cessation support group discussions, article and videos.
- 40 Quitting Tips - Key cold turkey nicotine cessation tips on how to stop smoking, vaping, chewing or sucking nicotine into your body and bloodstream.
Knowledge is a Quitting Method
Written December 30, 2014 and page format updated December 25, 2017 by John R. Polito