Is your 2019 New Year's resolution to stop smoking?
Will 2019 be another year of half-hearted pretending that you're working on the problem, or will you at last get serious and end your slow suicide via smoke's hundreds of toxins? Will it be the year that you fully arrest your chemical dependence upon smoked nicotine, or a year spent toying with transferring your addiction to cleaner captivity?
As shared in this new video by Joel Spitzer, America's Babe Ruth of quitting, you've been lied to about quitting for decades. Truth is, population level study after study has found that approved quitting products are ineffective, that more ex-smokers quit cold turkey than by all other methods combined.
Proof? As shared in this video, a July 2013 Gallup Poll found that most smokers quit cold turkey, that only a tiny fraction quit by use of any approved quitting product (just 8%).
Think about Nicorette nicotine gum. It's been on the market for 30 years now with billions spent over the years marketing it. Yet, as found by the Gallup Poll, only 1 in 100 ex-smokers credit nicotine gum for their success.
Want to stop smoking? Truth is, it's vastly more do-able than your wanting for that next fix will suggest. Truth is, your wanting, urges and craves for nicotine flow from the same brain dopamine pathways as the wanting and urges felt by the alcoholic and the heroin, cocaine and meth addict.
Truth is, despite your dopamine wanting relief sensation being accompanied by alertness instead of intoxication, numbness, euphoria or a racing sensation, that you are a REAL drug addict in every sense.
Ask President Obama, a slave to Nicorette gum these past 6 years. Those pushing pharmaceutical and electroniclly delivered nicotine dream of keeping you hooked until the day you die.
They play and prey upon an addict's never ending cycle of wanting for more. They will never tell you that you can become 100 percent nicotine-clean and move beyond peak withdrawal within 72 hours.
They know that a hallmark of real drug addiction is the addict can no longer remember or recall the calm and quiet mind that was home before getting hooked, of going weeks, months and years without once wanting for smoked, dipped, vaped or chewed nicotine.
Knowledge isn't just power but a quitting method. Imagine what would happen if you allowed yourself to become vastly wiser than nicotine's grip upon your mind, priorities, thinking, mouth, coins and life.
Watch Joel's "How to quit smoking" video below, read "Never Take Another Puff" and "Freedom from Nicotine - The Journey Home," explore Joel's Library and visit Turkeyville (on Facebook) and Freedom (on Yuku), two abrupt nicotine cessation support groups.
Need a bit more motivation? Click on the face of one of the following victims and let them teach you how lucky you've been so far. Let 2019 be the year that you became vastly wiser than an industry seeking to keep you enslaved. Just one lesson at a time, yes you can!
Share, save or print this article
How to Quit Smoking
Our Free E-books
Read both & destroy fear driven anxieties!
Discover Smart Turkey Quitting
- WhyQuit.com - WhyQuit is the Internet's oldest forum devoted to the art, science and psychology of cold turkey quitting, the stop smoking method used by the vast majority of all successful long-term ex-smokers.
- Nicotine Addiction 101 - WhyQuit's basic guide to understanding nicotine dependency.
- Nicotine Cessation Topic Index - An alphabetical subject matter index to more than a thousand nicotine cessation articles, videos and support group discussions.
- Joel's Library - Joel Spitzer began presenting stop smoking clinics and seminars in 1976. WhyQuit's education director since 2000, Joel's Library is home to his life's work. It includes Joel's "Daily Quitting Lesson Guide," more than 100 original stop smoking articles, his free ebook "Never Take Another Puff," and to his ever growing collection of more than 400 stop smoking videos.
- "Freedom from Nicotine - The Journey Home" - Written by John R. Polito, a former 30-year heavy smoker and WhyQuit's 1999 founder, Freedom from Nicotine shares the science underlying nicotine dependency and successful abrupt nicotine cessation.
- Turkeyville - Imagine surrounding yourself with more than 10,000 cold turkey quitters. Turkeyville is a Facebook support group exclusively for cold turkey quitters.
- Freedom - Freedom was WhyQuit's original 1999 stop smoking support group. No longer accepting members, its 453,000 archived posts continue to share recovery insights.