Talk to your doctor about quitting smoking
Most television advertisements produced by pharmaceutical companies making quitting aids encourage smokers to talk to their doctors about quitting. I too think that it is important for people to talk to their doctors about quitting smoking–but for a totally different reason than the companies normally delivering the message.
Video discusses how I hope that people who have quit smoking talk to their doctors to help them to understand what they can do to really assist their patients to successfully quit smoking.
Additional note: There are actually times that you will need to talk with your doctor about quitting. Resources addressing this issue:
Other resources related to original topic:
- "Whatever you do don't quit smoking cold turkey!"
- How did the former smokers you know quit smoking?
- Are people doomed to fail if they don't get professional help to quit smoking?
- Is cold turkey the only way to quit?
- "The Surgeon General says…"
- "40 years of progress?"
- Who should you believe?
- Resources to pass along to health professionals
- How to help your patients quit smoking
- Resources for doctors to help their patients