How to help your patients quit smoking
Video addressing how doctors can influence their smoking patients to want to stop and then help guide them on how to successfully quit smoking.
Resources related to topics discussed in this video:
- “Whatever you do, don’t quit cold turkey"
- Quitting is more doable than most people think
- Setting quit dates
- Premature deaths caused by smoking
- Update to premature deaths caused by smoking
- Resources regarding quitting aids
- Why do smokers smoke
- Everything you did as a smoker you can do as an ex-smoker
- The fear of success
- The fear of failure
- Resources explaining interaction between nicotine and stress
- Quitting smoking can make you calmer, happier and healthier
- Is relapse a natural part of the quitting process?
- Never take another puff
Video discussing doctor-patient issues
Suggested videos and resources to refer patients to who are interested in quitting smoking:
- How to quit smoking
- An hour and a half program that can help your patients save their lives
- WhyQuit.com Patient Resources