New Year's quit smoking
resolution up in smoke?
Never could there be a better moment to end one's gradual self-destruction than before that next assault by smoke's more than 200 toxins, which include up to 81 known cancer causing chemicals.
According to the new Surgeon General's report, more smokers than ever – nearly a half million – will pass the point of no return during 2019 and smoke themselves to death. Sadly, nearly all were thinking that there was still time to get serious, stop and reverse things. They were wrong. Dead wrong!
So how do most smokers succeed at quitting. By ignoring pharmaceutical industry quitting products. In fact, according to a July 2013 Gallup Poll, more smokers quit smoking cold turkey than by all other methods combined.
And what percentage succeeded by use of Nicorette nicotine gum? After 30 years and billions spent on marketing, according to the Poll only 1 in 100.
Talk about impossible. Ask yourself, did that 1% succeed because of having toyed with nicotine or in spite of having done so?
The Net is loaded with high quality cold turkey quitting tools. Drawing 2.2
million unique annual visitors, WhyQuit is the Internet's leading cold turkey quit smoking site. There, visitors find gripping
of original cold turkey articles, more than 200 video
lessons, two free quitting ebooks ("Never Take Another Puff" and "Freedom from Nicotine - The Journey Home") and are supported by two cold turkey quit smoking support groups, Turkeyville,
Facebook's most popular quitting group, and Freedom, a Yuku message board.
Share, save or print this WhyQuit article
Hashtags: #coldturkey #quitsmoking #stopsmoking
How to Quit Smoking
Read our free quitting e-books
Read both and watch knowledge destroy quitting anxieties!
Discover Smart Turkey Quitting
- WhyQuit.com - WhyQuit is the Internet's oldest forum devoted to the art, science and psychology of cold turkey quitting, the stop smoking method used by the vast majority of all successful long-term ex-smokers.
- Nicotine Addiction 101 - WhyQuit's basic guide to understanding nicotine dependency.
- Nicotine Cessation Topic Index - An alphabetical subject matter index to more than a thousand nicotine cessation articles, videos and support group discussions.
- Joel's Library - Joel Spitzer began presenting stop smoking clinics and seminars in 1976. WhyQuit's education director since 2000, Joel's Library is home to his life's work. It includes Joel's "Daily Quitting Lesson Guide," more than 100 original stop smoking articles, his free ebook "Never Take Another Puff," and to his ever growing collection of more than 400 stop smoking videos.
- "Freedom from Nicotine - The Journey Home" - Written by John R. Polito, a former 30-year heavy smoker and WhyQuit's 1999 founder, Freedom from Nicotine shares the science underlying nicotine dependency and successful abrupt nicotine cessation.
- Turkeyville - Imagine surrounding yourself with more than 10,000 cold turkey quitters. Turkeyville is a Facebook support group exclusively for cold turkey quitters.
- Freedom - Freedom was WhyQuit's original 1999 stop smoking support group. No longer accepting members, its 453,000 archived posts continue to share recovery insights.