Discussion, comments and links related to Joel Spitzer's cold turkey quit smoking videos
Make sure your quit is not contingent on others
Short video that introduces the resources on this channel that discuss the importance of not having your quit contingent on other people quitting or on other people supporting you. The following resources all explore these issues:
- The pitfalls of forming a buddy system to quit smoking
- The importance of quitting for yourself
- Should I find a quit smoking buddy? Discusses quitting at the same time as family members or friends
- Why Freedom discourages "buddy systems" Discusses limitations of tying your success to others on an online support site
- Quitting for others
- "How can I quit if I live with a smoker?"
- "It's inevitable, some smokers are going to relapse"
- "Please don't smoke"
- "My support group is responsible"
- The danger of using Internet quit sites as a crutch to quit smoking
- Crutches to quit smoking
- "I'm a serial quitter and I want to help people quit smoking"