Discussion, comments and links related to Joel Spitzer's cold turkey quit smoking videos
Talking to others about not smoking
Video discusses how talking both to long-term quitters as well as to people who are current smokers can help to strengthen your resolve to never take another puff.
- Tell a newbie how many seconds a day you want a cigarette
- Difference between physical and psychological urges
- Craves or thoughts that occur over time
- Watching others smoke
- "Will I ever stop thinking of cigarettes?"
- Neither side is perfect
- Lost long term quits
- Resources related to the implications of a puff once you have quit
- “I relapsed and I hate it”
- The pitfalls of forming a buddy system to quit smoking
- "Kids just don't get it"
- Resources regarding interaction between nicotine and stress
- There is no legitimate reason to relapse