Discussion, comments and links related to Joel Spitzer's cold turkey quit smoking videos
Resources related to the implications
of a puff once you have quit
- Never take another puff
- The lucky ones get hooked
- “You mean you haven’t had a single puff off of a cigarette?”
- “Maybe a puff isn’t that big of a deal”
- Lost long term quits
- “I know too much about smoking to ever be able to relapse”
- The power of nicotine addiction
- “Don’t let a slip put you back to using”
- Past “successful” quits
- “Get right back in the saddle?”
- “I know I will quit again”
- Were you addicted?
- “Should I reset my quit meter?”
- Is relapsing on nicotine a good learning experience?
- “I will control my smoking now”
- “I’ve got my smoking under control”
- “I want one”
- Fixating on a cigarette
- Smokers DON’T have to quit multiple times before they will succeed
- “I’ve relapsed and I hate it”
- Words that translate to “relapse”
- The law of addiction
- “Just One Little Puff”
- The smokers vow
- “Why are you so hard on the concept of cheating?”
- Maybe I’m Different?
- “Things were just so bad at work I had to take a cigarette!”
- “I went back to smoking while in the hospital with pneumonia”
- “Help, I’ve Relapsed!” – a plea for help or a cry for attention?
- Intentional relapses