You've relapsed - now what?
You've relapsed, so what next? This video encourages you to use the below resources to reflect on what just happened. While normal to attempt to minimize your relapse, don't. Doing so sets you up to reach for the same failure rationalizations next time.
Instead, begin teaching and telling yourself the truth. Truth is, as shared in the following videos, there is no legitimate reason to relapse:
- “I’ve relapsed and I hate it”
- “Oops I had a false start”
- Is relapsing on nicotine a good learning experience?
- There is no legitimate reason to relapse
- “I’ve got my smoking under control”
- “Get right back in the saddle?”
- “I know I will quit again”
- “Don’t be so hard on yourself, you’re only human”
- “It’s only cigarette smoking, it’s not like a crime punishable by death”
- I liked my other support group more
- “I tried Freedom once, why should I bother trying again?”
- Have you hugged a relapser today?
- “I’m a serial quitter and I want to help people quit smoking”
- Do relapsed members really have something to teach?
- Lost long term quits
- Past successful quits
- Some people won’t be happy until they relapse…
- Relapse prevention resources
- Resources related to the implications of a puff once you have quit
- Can you spare about an hour and a half to help to save your life?