Your 2018 Quit Smoking Keys
Make your 2018 New Year's quit smoking resolution come true
Is this the magic moment when you at last quit smoking? Will this 2018 New Years attempt be a keeper? Are you serious this time? Will you stick with this year's resolution and begin reversing risks that could add more than 5,000 extra days to your life expectancy? What tools have you found to navigate this temporary period of re-adjustment called "recovery?"
Statistically, most New Year's 2018 smokers reading this article will attempt to stop smoking cold turkey. A wise choice! Contrary to false representations by those selling a growing array of quitting aids, the vast majority of all successful quitters during 2018 will again be cold turkey quitters.
How can a cold turkey quitter dramatically enhance their odds of success? By becoming a smart turkey! www.WhyQuit.com is the Internet's leading cold turkey quitting destination. Visitors to WhyQuit will find four free tools: (1) motivation enhancement resources; (2) a massive library of original cessation education articles; and (3) two free online quit smoking upport groups, Freedom and Turkeyville.
Founded in July 1999, the beauty of WhyQuit is that its tremendous growth has been almost entirely due to word-of-mouth and to wonderful search engines like Google, that somehow are able to measure and rank sites based upon popularity.
Built entirely upon a budget of love, WhyQuit sells nothing, has no external funding source, has no need for tax exempt status, actually declines all donation offers, and has no need for a checking account. It has been built entirely by deeply committed volunteers who fund their work.
WhyQuit has just one unifying objective: to help visitors remain nicotine free just one hour, challenge and day at a time - to help them to Never Take Another Puff!
How to Quit Smoking
Related New Year's Quit Smoking Resolution Reading
- Why 12 of 13 New Year's quit smoking resolutions needlessly fail
- Keys to Keeping Your 2018 New Year's Quit Smoking Resolution
- New Year's Resolution by Joel Spitzer
- 50 New Year's stop smoking tips - PDF format suitable for printing
- "Please help me stop smoking for New Year's!" by John R. Polito
Discover Smart Turkey Quitting
- WhyQuit.com - WhyQuit is the Internet's oldest forum devoted to the art, science and psychology of cold turkey quitting, the stop smoking method used by the vast majority of all successful long-term ex-smokers.
- Nicotine Addiction 101 - WhyQuit's basic guide to understanding nicotine dependency.
- Nicotine Cessation Topic Index - An alphabetical subject matter index to more than a thousand nicotine cessation articles, videos and support group discussions.
- Joel's Library - Joel Spitzer began presenting stop smoking clinics and seminars in 1976. WhyQuit's education director since 2000, Joel's Library is home to his life's work. It includes Joel's "Daily Quitting Lesson Guide," more than 100 original stop smoking articles, his free ebook "Never Take Another Puff," and to his ever growing collection of more than 400 stop smoking videos.
- "Freedom from Nicotine - The Journey Home" - Written by John R. Polito, a former 30-year heavy smoker and WhyQuit's 1999 founder, Freedom from Nicotine shares the science underlying nicotine dependency and successful abrupt nicotine cessation.
- Turkeyville - Imagine surrounding yourself with more than 10,000 cold turkey quitters. Turkeyville is a Facebook support group exclusively for cold turkey quitters.
- Freedom - Freedom was WhyQuit's original 1999 stop smoking support group. No longer accepting members, its 453,000 archived posts continue to share recovery insights.