Free Video Quit Smoking Lessons
Imagine being a smoker, wanting to quit and bringing a professional quitting counselor into your home. Imagine being a doctor and instead of just telling smoking patients that they need to quit - something they all already knew - handing them a video disc containing nearly 500 short counseling sessions.
Joel's nearly 500 video lessons range from understanding the emotional loss when quitting to the importance of maintaining stable blood sugar levels and avoiding low blood sugar symptoms. Spitzer helps quitters understand how each puff of nicotine fed them by pumping stored sugars and fats into their bloodstream and the need to return to eating normally again.
The only use requirements for Joel's materials is that there never be any charge or cost to those receiving them, that they always remain as freely available as they are online, and that copyrights remain in place so that those receiving them never attempt to profit from their use.
Joel Spitzer presented regular stop smoking clinics and seminars for the Evanston and Skokie Illinois Departments of Health. Since 1976 he has presented 351 two-week, six-session clinics and nearly 600 single session seminars. Online, Spitzer has served as WhyQuit's Director of Education since 2000.
Joel's Videos Indexed by Topic
We have a number of tools for locating and using Joel's videos. Here, Joel's more than 400 stop smoking videos are indexed under the following 12 topics, giving each topic its own page. We also have one rather large page (76K) listing "All of Joel's Stop Smoking Videos by Topic.
The collection is also available as an alphabetical A to Z index. Each video is featured on its own page, together with related articles and links to related videos.
Smokers & New Quitters
If still smoking or within the first few days of quitting, take a quick look at Joel's Daily Quitting Lesson Guide or his YouTube Featured Playlists. They present videos appropriate for each day of quitting.
MP3 & High Resoluton Videos
Videos made prior to December 2007 are available in MP3 and high resolution formats.
MP3 Audio Files
Thanks to David Kink, since 2009 Joel's original 64 videos have been available as 11 hours of MP3 audio files that can be listened to anywhere. The audio MP3s are downloaded as a 264MB zipped file that you need to download, unzip and load to your MP3 player.
In 2017 Brian Murry provided us with this larger, higher audio quality copy of the above MP3file, in which he reduced low hissing sounds, hums and squelch. Download Brian's 330MB zipped MP3 file.
Joel's Jukebox is an extremly fast online MP3 audio player that allows for easy listening of Joel's audio stop smoking lessons. Our thanks to HWC for building this page.
How to Quit Smoking
Our Free E-books
Read both & destroy fear driven anxieties!
Discover Smart Turkey Quitting
- WhyQuit.com - WhyQuit is the Internet's oldest forum devoted to the art, science and psychology of cold turkey quitting, the stop smoking method used by the vast majority of all successful long-term ex-smokers.
- Nicotine Addiction 101 - WhyQuit's basic guide to understanding nicotine dependency.
- Nicotine Cessation Topic Index - An alphabetical subject matter index to more than a thousand nicotine cessation articles, videos and support group discussions.
- Joel's Library - Joel Spitzer began presenting stop smoking clinics and seminars in 1976. WhyQuit's education director since 2000, Joel's Library is home to his life's work. It includes Joel's "Daily Quitting Lesson Guide," more than 100 original stop smoking articles, his free ebook "Never Take Another Puff," and to his ever growing collection of more than 400 stop smoking videos.
- "Freedom from Nicotine - The Journey Home" - Written by John R. Polito, a former 30-year heavy smoker and WhyQuit's 1999 founder, Freedom from Nicotine shares the science underlying nicotine dependency and successful abrupt nicotine cessation.
- Turkeyville - Imagine surrounding yourself with more than 10,000 cold turkey quitters. Turkeyville is a Facebook support group exclusively for cold turkey quitters.
- Freedom - Freedom was WhyQuit's original 1999 stop smoking support group. No longer accepting members, its 453,000 archived posts continue to share recovery insights.